Rockin' Tabs Forums  

Go Back   Rockin' Tabs Forums > Main Area > RT Artist Admin requests and problems

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-04-2004, 04:02 PM   #1
Pauler
Administrator

Default What is an Artist Admin?

To keep up with the tab submissions, I've decided to set up "Artist Admins" for every artist on the site. This job will entail a number of things:

First and foremost, you'll be responsible for adding new tabs for that artist as they're submitted. My job will simply be to send the new tabs to the correct area, and then you'll have to decide if it should be...
A) Posted
B) Edited and posted
C) Deleted

Your other jobs will be just general maintenance on the tabs for your artist, such as fixing typos and stuff like that. There won't be a set amount of time that you need to visit your area, but once a day should be pretty normal, maybe as little as once a week if you get busy. If you can't do that, then don't worry about it.

Info on how to approve new songs (once you're an admin) is here.

A list of artists that still need admins can be found here.

Requirements to become an admin? You tell me. On one hand, I don't want just anyone to have that kind of access to part of our song database. On the other hand, we have about a zillion positions to fill. Post your requests in this forum, and list a few reasons why you should be chosen. I won't turn down many at this point. Also, be sure to list which artists you'd like.

I also don't have a set limit on how many artists you can maintain - that is somewhat up to you. We'll slowly get a better idea of how many one person can handle, but for now feel free to take a bunch. I see now reason why one person can't handle 20-50 artists, since there won't be a ton of submissions on every artist every day.

So, please post a new thread with your request. Also, please let me know if you have any questions about this.

Thanks!

Mickey
Pauler is offline   Reply With Quote